Sunday 21 April 2013

Shall i compare thee to a summer's day

No one likes to be compared. 

No one, but NO ONE likes to be compared unless the comparison is made with them being
the more superior. Of course.

Perhaps, it’s a middle child syndrome. Perhaps it’s just me. Growing up, I absolutely loathed being compared to my more brainy elder sister. My parents, I was certain, did not love me enough. Or loved me less, I thought.

But later, MUCH later, I came to realize that comparison can be viewed in a positive light if one could actually sit and reflect on the basis of the comparison being made.

Just forget the hurt. Forget the emotional defense we erect against the (imagined) feeling that we are not appreciated. Do not even speculate of the feeling that the comparator may have about you when he/she makes that comparison.

Do not torture yourself in that manner, I beg you.

Turn the situation around and make it beneficial to you.
Sit and reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment